Wednesday 12 March 2014

How much does my oven spend?

Recently I bought an electricity monitoring device, connected to Internet, with which I can analyze what is spending what at the house.
The system I bought is the Owl Intuition lc.


Today I bring you the energy use profile of the oven. The chart shows the oven and about 200W more that were present besides the oven itself. It is noticeable the thermostat working. This is not yet a thorough analysis, because the oven is not isolated from the rest of the grid, but I thought it would be interesting to watch how it turns on and off the resistance.
After all, the energy used was less than one kWh, it was about 0.75kWh in about 50 minutes.



I'll bring some other analysis done with the device in the next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment